This week’s winning recipe is from the December issue of Woolworths Fresh magazine (and despite the snazzy website, I can’t find a link for the recipe). The original recipe has directions for making your own raspberry sauce, however, as I was unable to find raspberries near me (fresh or frozen) I substituted raspberry jam instead.
Almond and Raspberry Tart
30 minutes cooking
Makes 2 tarts
1 jar of raspberry jam
2 pastry flans
125g of butter
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 tsp of almond essence
3/4 cup of almond meal
1/2 cup self-raising flour
thickened cream or ice cream to serve
shaved almonds (optional)
1) Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2) Cream the butter, sugar and essence with a beater, and then beat in the eggs one by one.
3) Stir in the almond meal and flour to the creamed butter and sugar, until well combined.
4) Spoon the jam over the base of the flans, then spoon the almond meal mixture over the top. Use a knife to spread the mixture evenly. If you want, sprinkle shaved almonds over the tart.
5) Bake for 30 minutes until golden.