I got this recipe from Smitten Kitchen, and although I only made a few changes, it was totally win.
Apart from Anzac cookies, this was my first time with American Style Oatmeal Cookies, and I was very pleased with the results.
12 minutes cooking
5 packs of Quaker Raisin and Spice Instant Oatmeal (about 1 1/2 cups)
2/3 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup raisins
dash of ground cinnamon
1) Preheat oven to 175 degrees C, and line baking tray with baking paper.
2) Cream the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla in a bowl.
3) In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder, oats, raisins, salt and cinnamon. Stir into the creamed butter and sugar and place dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4) After chilled, roll into 24 balls and place on the baking tray with at least an inch separation between.
5) Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, then leave on the tray to cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool further.